Yesterday, in addition to the mold on the walls, we also found much of the furniture was in trouble. We immediately called Gary Kopperman from The Restoration Clinic, who couldn’t think of anything more supportive to say than, “I told you so.”
The humidity had caused the veneer to pull away on much of the dining room furniture, and warp all of the table leaves. I thought the entire dining set was now worthless, but remember this was Dawn’s grandparents’ furniture – it could burn to the ground and she would insist on restoring it. So we asked Gary to take care of it. He can’t do it before we leave, but he’ll be back first thing next week.