Policies and Miscellaneous Information for Speedwell Forge Bed and Breakfast
By making a reservation, you are agreeing to our policies:
- Check-in time is 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. or by prior arrangement and Check out time is 11 a.m. Please, if you are going to be later than 6pm, call me.
- Deposits: Reservations require a one night’s stay or 50% of the total reservation amount, whichever is greater to hold your room. Deposits can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, debit cards, personal checks, traveler’s checks or cash. Balance is due upon arrival.
- When a guest makes a reservation for a stay at Speedwell Forge B&B we agree to turn away all other requests for the room you select and you agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days you reserve it. A small bed and breakfast such as ours is significantly affected by cancellations and we appreciate your consideration of our policies. Therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
- We require 10 days cancellation notice on all reservations. Cancellations within 10 days of your scheduled arrival date will be charged one night’s stay or 50% of the total reservation amount, whichever is greater. Cancellations within 2 days of your scheduled arrival date will be charged the full amount of the reservation. This includes “No-shows” and premature check-outs. Vacation Insurance is available from several providers online to inexpensively protect you against covered unexpected events.
- If you cancel before the deadline, you will only be charged a $25 non refundable cancellation fee, and the balance of your deposit will be returned. After the deadline, you will be billed as noted above unless we can re-rent the room or cottage, (we will make every effort to do so.) Note: Longer cancellation periods will be applied to multi-room bookings. Please call for information.
!!!Cancellations must be made directly by calling and speaking to an innkeeper or by e-mail with a confirmed response.!!!
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside any of the buildings. A cleaning fee of $500 will be assessed for any violations.
- Children: *!!! Children 18 and older are welcome… our home is a peaceful retreat for our guests; and contains fragile furnishings. $50 charge for each additional person. (042409)
- Pets: Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets. There are several kennels in the area that may be able to accommodate your pet. Please check local listings.
- Other: All rates based on double occupancy. Maximum occupancy in all rooms is 2 except for the Summer Kitchen, which sleeps 4, no exceptions. $11 dollar discount on singles.
- $30 fee for returned checks.
- We are not handicap-accessible. All rooms require stairs except the Paymaster’s Office, which has one step.
- Food Allergies, restrictions and other Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, are vegan or vegetarian or have other special requirements. A good example would be on medication that precludes grapefruit.